Manuel de Falla is one of the main Spanish composers. Among his most important works there are ballets and operas. One of these ballets is El Sombrero de Tres Picos (The Three-Pointed Hat), whose story is about a love triangle involving a miller, his wife, and the local judge of a small town. In one of the ballet’s scene, the miller organizes a party at his home and dance with his guests. It’s from that scene that this music came from, in a solo guitar arrangment by Siegfried Behrend – the original version is for orchestra.
- Watch the most important guitar competition in the world – live!
- Video Guitar Through the Ages COMPLETE (free)
- Hommage pour le toumbeau de Debussy – an intense work about life and death (video)
- How melodies are composed (part 2) (video)
- Andante op. 241 no 18, by Carulli: an easy and beautiful piece (video)